R&J Equipment RJV600 Plug Planter
Almost new condition, mechanical parts have almost no wear
- Much faster ground speed than a waterwheel planter. The carousel lets you "get ahead" of the planter, giving you time to grab another handful of plants.
- Much more comfortable than a waterwheel.
- My plan was to add two more units to make this a three-row planter. Last I checked, you can buy extra units for as cheap as $1,000 per row from Ackerman (Ohio).
- This planter has a heavy duty 3" square toolbar.
- You can buy additional row units from http://www.ackermantoledo.com/planters-bedders.html (call Todd Atkin 419-356-4732 for pricing and details - he's super knowledgeable). I think extra rows units cost between $1,000 to $2,000, depending on the age. You can space them as close as 16".
- This planter is used for small plugs or larger plants. Often used for no-till tomatoes. I planned to use it for all my plugs that went in bare soil beds (lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, kale, beets, chard, basil, etc.)