Chisel Plow, 7 spring-shank, Hayking
$2,500 (used one season, almost new condition)
- https://www.wengers.com/wholegoods/farm-equipment/athens-6t-3pt-chisel.html $1,350 6-tooth, repainted, very old
- https://www.wengers.com/wholegoods/farm-equipment/athens-7t-3pt-chisel-plow.html $1,450 7-tooth, very old
- http://buctraco.com/3%20Online%20Catalog/ChiselPlows3.htm $6,800 ($4,700 w/o spring cushion), new
- Almost new, only used one season!
- 6' wide (ideal for plowing a single bed next to crops that are still growing)
- 7 teeth (needed for 6' bed centers)
- Spring shanks (protects plow and tractor if you hit a large rock)
- 12" shank spacing (adjustable)
- Cat. II 3-point hitch with 2-bar frame offers exceptional maneuverability at row ends (can lift over irrigation headers)
- Very heavy duty frame
- 12" plow depth
- Manufactured in Texas, USA
- Original 2" reversible points still in good condition
- My John Deere 5520 (89 engine HP/75 PTO HP) pulls this no problem. It works best if I scoop up a bucket load of dirt to add traction to the front tires. I typically drive in 3rd gear, B-range, shifting to 2nd gear if I am going uphill.
- Fits on a 4'x8' pallet and fits in a half-ton pickup bed (it sagged pretty low).