John Deere Model 16 Potato Planter
- Ready to work!
- No rust damage (other than minor surface rust)
- Fertilizer hopper and feed is in great shape
- Seed hopper and mechanism is in great shape
- Includes new hydraulic lift cylinder
- Two-row model, adjustable spacing. Currently about 34" apart, I think.
- Has pipe in place for burying drip tape under row. Does not have support bar/spool for drip tape, however.
- Digs furrows, applies fertilizer, drops seed, and hills potatoes all simultaneously
- My 46 HP John Deere 2010 easily pulls it. Probably 30 HP would be plenty.
- You want your tractor tires set wide so they don't compact the area to be planted. 6' spacing is ideal. At first, my tire spacing was 5' on center and I had a hard time hilling the outside of the rows.
- $3,000 http://wisconsinvegetableequipment.com/john-deere-potato-planter/
- Model 212 (no fertilizer hopper) $1,500 http://willsie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_9&products_id=313