R2 Rinaldi MTZ100 35" Power Harrow
$1,800 ($3,149 new) (SOLD)
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7Jo_smACE
- Purchase new for $3,149 + $320 shipping: http://tractortoolsdirect.com/product-category/power-harrows/
In his book The Market Gardener, Jean-Martin Fortier recommends the use of the R2 Power Harrow as an alternative to traditional tillage and no-till farming for seedbed preparation and weed control. Power harrows present the advantage of horizontal, minimum tillage. Multiple sets of vertical tines mix and lightly mill the soil at a depth you specify.
Unlike a rotary tiller, the harrow does not invert (turn over) or compact the lower layers of soil. This prevents dormant weed seeds from being brought to the surface and leaves the soil at its original composition, without hardpan formation. The rear roller leaves behind a light mesh pattern that lightly compacts the soil, sealing the surface to prevent moisture loss while providing an optimal bed for receiving seeds. It is great for getting rid of weeds between rows. Any weeds in its path are quickly stirred up and uprooted by the tines.
As Fortier says it, “One pass with the power harrow gives us a perfectly conditioned bed ready for transplants and direct-seeded crops. Overall, it’s far superior to a rototiller and I would recommend trying it first before adopting another tilling or spading device. It’s also worth mentioning that the better ones are built by Rinaldi R2.”
If you have some rough ground that needs to be good and flat, whether it be a racing track, a rodeo arena, a construction site, or any rugged area that needs to be graded, a power harrow is the perfect solution. It starts the leveling process with a scraper blade in front. Its vertical tines then rotate in a horizontal pattern to stir up uneven surfaces and smooth them out. Horizontal motion and super durable tines mean that rocks – even fairly big rocks – are not much of a problem. The light mesh pattern it leaves behind is an attractive finish.
The Right Fit For Your Operation
Tractor Tools Direct offers three sizes of power harrow, the TX35, the TS48, and the T61. For the narrowest spaces, or raised beds, choose the TX35, with a total width of only 3 feet 3 inches. The TS48, with a total width of 4 feet and 4 inches, makes it suitable for tight spaces while increasing productivity. The T61, at 5 feet 7 inches, achieves a working width a foot wider than that of the TS48.
Components and Features:
- Italian engineering and manufacturing quality
- Hardened steel gears run in an oil bath
- Side panels are spring-loaded to allow rocks to pass around outer rotors without damaging tines
- Adjustable-height scraper blade in front pre-grades the soil for optimal leveling
- Rear mesh roller leaves an attractive pattern optimal for seedbed formation
- Working depth of the rotating tines is fully adjustable
- Tilling Width 35″
- Leveling Width 35″
- Mesh Roller Width 39″
- Machine Height 2’-10”
- Machine Depth 2’-6”
- Tractor Engine Power (HP) 14 – 18 HP
- Working Depth Down to 5 1/2”
- Number of Tines 10
- Number of Rotors 5
- Weight 233 lbs.